From October 2018, the Foundation cooperates with the British company SpineCor. Cooperation aims to introduce a dynamic method of treatment of scoliosis in Georgia.
SpineCor braces are appropriate for adults and children from the age of 5 with Idiopathic Scoliosis and certain syndrome-related scoliosis curves from 20° – 50°. (Treatment is advised as low as 15° for children with high progression risk.)
The flexible/dynamic nature of SpineCor braces enable the child’s body to develop naturally as they grow, whilst the curve-specific brace configurations provide localized control of the scoliosis.
The advantage of the method is that in contrast to the solid corset, the dynamic corset does not restrict the child’s natural development and motion and does not cause muscle atrophy.
- Long term correction/stabilisation in 59% of cases.* Prevention of surgery possible in 77% of cases.*
- Braces are fully flexible, allowing normal body movement and growth.
- Children are able to lead a more normal life.
- Braces can be worn discretely and comfortably under clothing. Better treatment acceptance, helping to achieve better results.
- None of the muscle weakening (atrophy) associated with rigid braces.
- Diagnosis: Idiopathic scoliosis
- Age: 5+
- The initial cobby corner ≥ 15 °, if the first row of family history, or 5 ° increase in the last 6 months
- The initial cobby angle is ≤ 50 °
- Riser 0, 1, 2 or the previous period of drying
The full course of treatment implies an average of 24-month cycle.
For more information please visit: http://www.spinecor.com/Home.aspx
Please call us at: 252 2899; 577 79 19 94